So I know you are wondering what took be so long to get the meal plan on the site for this week, and here it is! This recipe! It took some time (and lots of ingredients) to get it perfect, but I think I got it! Let me know how you like it!
Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Place the parsley, rosemary, thyme, garlic and salt in a food processor or blender. Pulse until finely chopped. Add 1/2 cup olive oil and pulse a few times to make a thick paste.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly brush the tenderloin with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Sear on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Rub the tenderloin with the herb mixture.
Place the pan (if its not oven safe, transfer beef and juices to a casserole dish) into the oven; roast until your desired temp is reached. Mine is well done and it took about 20 mins. It will vary based on the thickness of your beef. Do not overcook.
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, salt, pepper and chives. Mix well. Let sit in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Mashed Cauliflower (Tastes like Mashed Potatoes!)
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into florets (or 7 cups of florets)
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup 1% buttermilk
- 1 tbsp I CAN'T BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
Boil cauliflower in a large pot of water. Once soft (15 mins later), drain water and add butter, salt, pepper, milk to pot. Blend the mixture (using a blender or hand mixer). Top with chives. **Note, the cauliflower holds water. Make sure you drain it a few times before mixing).
Simple! Throw some kale in a skillet with some olive oil, a little chopped garlic and saute.