My favorite salad is a Caesar salad! I literally could eat this daily. Here is a recipe to one made Righteously Fit Style:
- 2 cups Kale (washed, chopped)
- 1 hard boiled egg
- Pulled chicken from store bought Rotisserie Chicken
- Homemade Wheat Croutons (recipe follows)
- Homemade Caesar dressing (recipe follows)
Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 extra large egg yolk (room temp)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 cloves chopped garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground pepper
- 1 1/2 of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Place the egg yolk, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper into a food processor or Nutra-Bullet. After you have blend til smooth, add the olive oil and blend again. After blended, add Parmesan and blend for addition 5 seconds to combine.
Homemade Whole Wheat Croutons
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced whole wheat bread (remove the crust)
- Sea Salt
Cut bread into cubes and place in a large bowl. Drizzle cubes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Spread seasoned bread onto a sheet pan and bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.