Serve with Brown Rice or cilantro lime rice.
For the enchilada sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp Spicy Chipotle Lime Rub
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups poached chicken, shredded
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Spicy Chipotle Lime Rub
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 8 (7-inch) low-carb whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded low fat Mexican cheese
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions or cilantro for topping
In a medium saucepan, spray oil and sauté garlic. Add chipotle chiles, chipotle lime rub, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic on low until soft, about 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt, cilantro, cumin, oregano, chipotle lime rub, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Spray a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Put 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it.
Place on baking dish seam side down, top with sauce then top with cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes. Top with low fat sour cream or scallions